[PKG-Openstack-devel] python-barbican : Depends: python-sqlalchemy (< 1.1) but 1.1.4+ds1-1 is to be installed

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Sat Dec 3 18:07:17 UTC 2016

On 3 Dec 2016, at 17:54, Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org> wrote:

> You can send a big thanks to the SQLAlchemy maintainer

Thanx, I have. Not much help to me at the moment, I’m so depressed about all this
shit, I just want to torch the whole darn thing!

> Maybe it'd be reasonable to also re-embed the xstatic version. Your thoughts?

I honestly don’t know anything any more :(. It’s not just the OS packages that’s in
bad shape, it’s everything else as well. And that includes OS upstream!

> Which is why I don't advise to use Sid.

If I had any other choice, I wouldn’t. But I’ve run Sid on production servers in the
past, and never had problems like this!! I’ve never had my whole setup destroyed
like this.

It’s like EVERYONE simply just stopped giving a F about what they’re doing and
just “Effit, I just upload this and Eff all users”!

> Hopefully, I'll have enough time to fix things before Stretch.

What version is Stretch running? Jessie? And then there’s the different backports.. ?

The backports, how “bad” are they? When I tried them around April, I wasn't even
able to install the core OS packages without a whole list of dependency conflicts.