[PKG-Openstack-devel] Destroying (reinstalling) a Nova node?

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Tue Jun 7 21:40:48 UTC 2016

I've been setting up a PXE environment that don't asks
question to install my 14 (+ additional 16 once I find
somewhere else than the second bedroom to put my hardware
in :) Nova (+Magnum?) nodes.

There where some manual handholding and configuration etc
on there after PXE+D-I finished, so now I'd like to blow
that host away and start from scratch to verify that it
works before I do the other 13..

Because I asked it to register the service in Keystone,
created a database in the shared MySQL DB (running on
the single - for the moment - Controller node), I'm unsure
if I can just blow it away.

It will reuse the passwords, IP addresses (hardcoded mac2ip
in my DHCP server) etc, so I don't foresee any problem, but
you never know..

Btw, am I correct in assuming that I need/should install
the following packages on the Compute?

	nova-compute-kvm nova-console nova-scheduler \
	nova-api magnum-api magnum-common magnum-conductor
--
There are no dumb questions,
unless a customer is asking them.