[PKG-Openstack-devel] Watcher service package name

James Page james.page at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 8 07:48:54 UTC 2016

On Wed, 8 Jun 2016 at 08:17 Daniel Pawlik <daniel.pawlik at corp.ovh.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm creating a puppet-watcher module for watcher service
> (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Watcher) and I need to add a name of
> future package for RedHat and Debian.  So I want to ask which Openstack
> group is naming Debian package names for Openstack services?
> If you are doing this, can you tell me which name do you want to set
> because as I see python-watcher is in use?

 Debian packages would be named according to Debian policies; so I would
expect a python-watcher + watcher-* packages for the control plane services.

I see https://pypi.python.org/pypi/watcher  but that's not packaged for
Debian or Ubuntu. As courtesy and to avoid conflicting you might want to
not name your top-level module 'watcher' (or we might want to consider a
different name for the project).  This would make the make python package
python-<modulename> for example.  But the puppet module should be
interested in the watcher-* packages anyway IMHO.

Hope that helps