[PKG-Openstack-devel] [Admins] Upgrading Openstack from Icehouse to Juno (and beyond) on Debian jessie?

Ben Rosser bjr at acm.jhu.edu
Mon May 9 15:15:36 UTC 2016

On Monday, May 09, 2016 09:26:48 AM Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 05/09/2016 02:12 AM, Ben Rosser wrote:

> >> You also need to add the "juno-backports" repository. starting on Kilo,
> >> I added explicitly "jessie" in front and "-nochange" to express the fact
> >> I didn't touch these packages, and just did a backport, so starting from
> >> Kilo, you'll need both: jessie-kilo-backports-nochange and
> >> jessie-kilo-backports.
> >
> > Thanks for the quick response!
> >
> > I just tested this; unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work either, but for
> > a different reason: apt wanted to download glance 2014.2.2-2, but what's
> > actually in jessie-juno-backports is 2014.2.2-5
> > (http://archive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/jessie-juno-backports/main/g/glanc
> > e)
> >
> > The exact error is here: https://paste.debian.net/682943/, and the full
> > (simulated) transaction is here: https://paste.debian.net/682942/
> >
> > Any idea what the issue is?
>
> Well, if you get some 404, then you need to do apt-get update?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas Goirand (zigo)

I have: the other packages download successfully from both repositories. On a
fresh jessie VM, I can install other openstack from the gplhost repositories
for juno, but not glance.

Further investigation suggests that:

http://archive.gplhost.com/debian/dists/jessie-juno-backports/main/binary-amd64/Packages

and:

http://archive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/jessie-juno-backports/main/g/glance/

are somehow out of sync? You'll note that in the former, glance has version
2014.2.2-2~bpo80+1, but that's not present in the actual pool.

So it looks like the apt repository metadata is somehow out of date? Any
chance you could fix this?

Thanks,
Ben Rosser