[PKG-Openstack-devel] OpenStack image for debian-testing

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Wed May 18 13:05:03 UTC 2016

On 05/14/2016 06:11 PM, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> P.S: It's still on my TODO to: 1/ merge Waldi's patch for Azure 2/
>> Switch to grub. Help on this welcome...
>
> ACK.

Steve,

I could also test the testing image, and as per Jens says, it works well
again. That's a good news.

I have worked out a merge of Waldi's Azure patch to
openstack-debian-images, and added a --azure option to it. I then tested
again building a OpenStack image, making sure I could still ssh in the
instance. And so far, so good, it continued to work well. I only tested
generating a Jessie image though, but I see no reason why it would fail
in testing.

Now, what's missing is a test from the Azure team with the new version
1.9, to see if they can use it directly instead of their fork. I'll be
waiting on Credative guys for their report (waldi?).

The next step is to add an option to switch to grub. I'll keep the
feature to use syslinux, mainly because I like it, but Grub will be the
default it works well.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)