[PKG-Openstack-devel] Fwd: [Python-modules-team] Packaging Django v1.8 for Sid?

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Wed Nov 9 15:58:32 UTC 2016

On 11/09/2016 12:18 PM, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> I’ve been trying to get someone of the Django developers to create a
> v1.8 and/or
> v1.9 package of python-django, but isn’t get much headway.
>
> They have a point, but it would be a shame if someone don’t fix Horizon
> to work
> with 1.10.
>
> This is the last in the thread.

Downgrading to 1.9 or 1.8 isn't an option indeed. What we should do is
fix Horizon, which we've been doing since 1.10 was uploaded to
Experimental last summer.

>> If the package really won't work on stretch with django1.10 once the
>> freeze starts in January, it is best to file an RC bug to prevent just
>> that one package being in Stretch, then the fixed version can be
>> delivered via stretch-backports. (The likelihood is that if you don't
>> file it, someone trying to use the package will file it.)

The package is not *that* broken, this seems to be a last minute bug
that hasn't been caught by the unit tests, but upstream should be able
to help fixing it.

Besides this, the bug was already filled. The title of #843108 is by the
way wrong, Horizon has *one remaining issue* (hopefully) with Django
1.10. Though it's truth it's broken with JQuery 3.1.1, which I'll
address by re-embedding jquery 1.x in python-xstatic-jquery. The
severity "normal" is accurate.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)