[PKG-Openstack-devel] ValueError: Field `instance_uuid' cannot be None

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Mon Oct 17 22:48:19 UTC 2016

On Oct 17, 2016, at 11:19 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:

> It looks like there's some upstream migration script that have an issue
> here. Your best bet is to file a bug against nova at:

Yes, I've been talking to #openstack-nova earlier today. There's
no "fix". Instead, I was recommended to delete all entries with
'instance_uuid=NULL' from "build_requests" in the novaapi database.

The problem was apparently a bug in Mitaka (failed creations didn't
cleanup properly or something like that), so it doesn't seem
like they're going to fix it.

But that's something that I guess the postinst script can do.
--
Turbo Fredriksson
turbo at bayour.com