[PKG-Openstack-devel] ValueError: Field `instance_uuid' cannot be None

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Wed Oct 19 13:26:43 UTC 2016

On Oct 19, 2016, at 1:36 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:

>> But this time a couple of extra commands had to be run. See
>>
>>  http://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/nova/newton.html#upgrade-notes
>>
>> Basically, create the cell0 mapping, create the cell0 DB the mapping
>> created a reference to (have to do this manually, because 'db sync' don't
>> do that - including giving the nova-api user full access to that DB) and
>> _then_ run "db sync".
>
> Could you translate this into some easy to understand list of command
> that would need to be done in the postinst? It's actually a bit hard for
> me to figure it out just by reading you or the release notes.

I'm not 100% sure, I did try a lot of things, in different order. If
YOU're having problem understanding the upgrade notes, imagine me!! :)

But what _think_ needs to be done (and I don't know how safe this is for
any other upgrade - or even doing it for everyone!):

  1. Clear the build_requests table.
  2. Run: nova-manage cell_v2 map_cell0
  3. Find out the database that references
     => select database_connection from nova-api.cell_mappings | sed 's,.*/,,'
  4. Create this (cell0) database
  5. Give the 'nova-api' user full access to this DB
  6. Run: nova-manage db sync

It would be nice to have a test environment where I can do upgrades and
changes, but I'm barely having this production up and running at the moment :)

Eventually, I might dedicate one host just for this (or a couple of VMs),
but I need this up and running completely first. I still have services
that I haven't started setting up yet that I want/need..

> I haven't experienced this.

Ok, then maybe it was something else and/or the DB problems I
was having..
--
Michael Jackson is not going to buried or cremated
but recycled into shopping bags so he can remain white,