[PKG-Openstack-devel] Helping with OpenStack packaging

Ondrej Novy novy at ondrej.org
Mon Sep 11 07:40:06 UTC 2017

Hi,

> While it's fine to move the package to the DPMT, please don't hijack it
> and keep the previous uploaders (ie: myself). I don't think Julien and

Thomas, you specifically requested to remove yourself from uploaders if we
migrate package to DPMT AND change build system to pybuild, because you
don't want to maintain package with pybuild system. That is what Geoffrey
did. Did you changed your mind and you are fine with pybuild build inside
DPMT so should we keep you in Uploaders field after this kind of moving?

> I don't agree with:
>

>   * Move /usr/bin/jsonpatch and /usr/bin/jsondiff to a new binary
>     package jsonpatch, and stop using alternatives. Recommend jsonpatch
>     from python(3)-jsonpatch for smoother upgrades.

this is recommendation for DPMT, we should respect DPMT team
recommandation. We already discussed this at DebConf 17.

 I've already started doing all the uploads, and I hope to finish this

> over the week-end. I feel bad that my work is *much much* slower than it
> used to be as I'm not full time, but hey, not my choice... :/

cool, thanks for this! We are moving forward :).

--
Best regards
 Ondřej Nový

Email: novy at ondrej.org
PGP: 3D98 3C52 EB85 980C 46A5  6090 3573 1255 9D1E 064B