[Openstack-devel] Debian OpenStack CI preview

Loic Dachary loic at enovance.com
Fri Feb 10 20:21:14 UTC 2012

On 02/10/2012 06:12 PM, Ghe Rivero wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>     i've been preparing a small CI lab for openstack packaging and
> it's almost ready and working. You can see it at jenkins.debostack.org
> For the moment, it just build a package whenever a new commit arrives
> to openstack upstream or debian packaging git repositories. The
> package is build using debian/experimental branch with merges from
> upstream/master and debian/unstable. Lintian tests are passed after
> package are built (that's the reason why keystone is disabled at the
> moment, if gives lintian errors, TBD). If everything goes correctly,
> new packages are added to an internal repository.
> There are to other jobs, update-env, to daily update pbuilder and
> cowbuilder sid bases, and debostack
> (https://github.com/GheRivero/debstack - yeah, github repository is
> misspelled), that every 4 hours, cleans everythin related in the
> machine when it's running (my desktop at work :/), and reinstalls
> openstack from the previous generated repositories, boot an instance
> and tries to ping it.  As you can see, it's still a work in progress
> (too much things to do) but it's a beginning.
Very well done.

It's actually a nice improvement over the HOWTO found at
https://labs.enovance.com/projects/openstack/wiki/Debian_OpenStack_HOWTO
for anyone who wants to install openstack for the first time.
I updated my reference with a link to your debstack at
https://labs.enovance.com/projects/openstack/wiki/Wiki

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary         Chief Research Officer
// eNovance labs   http://labs.enovance.com