[Openstack-devel] non-interactive keystone solution

Loic Dachary loic at enovance.com
Mon Feb 27 23:29:16 UTC 2012

On 02/28/2012 12:24 AM, Ghe Rivero wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>     i think I've found a possible solution to install keystone in a
> non-interactive way and be able to use dbconfig-common features, and
> with standard Debian pkgs (not apliying ubuntu patches, but it should
> work the same way)
>
> # echo "dbconfig-common dbconfig-common/mysql/admin-pass
> password essex"  | debconf-set-selections
> # echo "keystone        keystone/auth-token     string 999888777666" |
> debconf-set-selections
> # cat >> /etc/dbconfig-common/keystone.conf << EOF
> dbc_dbadmin='root'
> dbc_dbname='keystone'
> dbc_dbpass='essex'
> dbc_dbtype='mysql'
> dbc_dbuser='keystone'
> dbc_install='true'
> dbc_upgrade='true'
> EOF
> # DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get install keystone
>
> And to remove and purge the database:
> # echo "keystone        keystone/dbconfig-remove        boolean true"
> | debconf-set-selections
> # echo "dbconfig-common dbconfig-common/purge   boolean true" |
> debconf-set-selections
> # DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get remove keystone
>
> That's all for this night. Tomorrow we can discuss how to proceed about it.
I can see how that would work indeed. If I understand correctly the ubuntu modification was not about finding a way to install the package non interactively. That's what I thought it was about in the first place. It was just to change the default behavior from "ask a question" to "ask no question".

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary         Chief Research Officer
// eNovance labs   http://labs.enovance.com