[Oval-devel] OVAL current status

Pavel 'Blaze' Vinogradov blaze.cs at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 18:15:28 UTC 2007

  Today i finished most work on adaptation OVAL interpretator for work in
Debian. Today i update OVAL definitions generator (tests generation) and now
generated definitions looks proper (i have some valid OVAl alerts for
unpatched packages on my machine).

  Current problems:
1. I need more information about architecture mappings on various
architectures. I use uname information about host architecture  and make
conversion from i686 to i386 (but i don't have an information from other
architectures).
2. Latest dsa in Debian repository: 1329, 1333, 1334 contain <h3>Debian
GNU/Linux 4.0 alias etch</h3>

  Tomorrow i start packaging OVAL interpretator, prepare patches for Mitre,
and write proposal about OVAl agent-server architecture. And as background
for this - testing, testing, testing and bugfixing.

--
Pavel Vinogradov
NixDev Linux Developer