[Oval-devel] ovaldi can't migrate to testing

Pavel Vinogradov blaze at nixdev.net
Tue Oct 16 06:53:57 UTC 2007

2007/10/15, Javier Fernandez-Sanguino <jfs at computer.org>:
  I was continue my investigation and found:

  Both repository (lenny and sid) contain apt 0.7.6 and provided by them
libapt-pkg-dev-0.7.6.
  And libapt-pkg-dev depends on libapt-pkg-libcx.x. But in sid it depends on
libapt-pkg-libc6.6 for most platform except m68k, for m86k in depends on
libapt-pkg-libc6.5 (http://packages.debian.org/sid/libapt-pkg-dev).
  But in lenny libapt-pkg-dev depends only on libapt-pkg-libc6.6 (and m68k
platform too), and package libapt-pkg-libc6.5 not exist.

  From my point of view libapt-pkg-libc6.5 never goes to lenny because
currently it workaround for apt 0.7.6 on m68k in Sid.
  But why oval-interpreter has unsatisfiable Depends:
libapt-pkg-libc6.5-6-4.4 in i386 architecture if this package user only for
m68k?

--
Pavel Vinogradov
NixDev.Net, Senior Linux Developer