[Oval-devel] Changes in SVN (oval-agent and server)

Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña jfs at computer.org
Tue Sep 4 23:07:33 UTC 2007

I've made quite some changes in trunk both to include Pavel's work of last
week (sent to me in private) as well as some fixes to get the packages to
build properly and run in sid.

The OVAL modules are now installed as private modules (at
/usr/share/oval-{server,agent}) instead of having them be public modules.

There are still some bugs to iron before the oval-server and oval-agent
packages can be uploaded to Debian. Mainly:

- have the packages use separate users (oval-agent and oval-server both
  in the oval gropu)
- create the users for the packages as described in the Debian Security
  Manual (to prevent conflicting with the local admin)

- [documentation] review both of the manpages and the packages' description
  (typo fixes here and there)

- fix the ovalClient <-> ovalHttpClient conflict (directory move?)

- [documentation] Provide an overview of how agent<->server interact
  in the oval-server package (manual page or HTML doc?)