[Packaging-handbook-project] Cooperation between Miriam's course on Debian packages and the Debian Packaging Handbook project

Luca Brivio lucab83 at infinito.it
Thu Aug 30 15:08:22 UTC 2007

gio 30 agosto 2007, Kumar Appaiah ha scritto:
> I want to give a +1 to AsciiDoc for the simple reason that anyone can
> comprehend the "source" (plain text) very easily. Of course, someone
> may also point out DocBook, the type Debian use for their docs, but
> I'd definitely prefer AsciiDoc, since (I think) is can write out to
> DocBook as well.

To use directly DocBook would provide some benefits, mainly having full
control on its elements, entities and attributes. May this also be achieved
by means of AsciiDoc?

OTOH, DocBook also isn't hard to understand, neither is to write (provided
that one has some simple templates available). Anyway using it would require
to write a plugin using e.g. libxslt through xsltproc, or the libxslt Perl
wrapper library (that's not in Debian AFAICS). or the xmlto script as well.

I'm for using AsciiDoc. (What I would find awesome is to have Ikiwiki itself
keeping both Docbook and XHTML in sync with AsciiDoc, and allowing to edit
text both through AsciiDoc and in DocBook!)

--
Luca