What's going on with the Packaging Handbook project - 5 september 2007

Luca Brivio lucab83 at infinito.it
Wed Sep 5 01:04:46 UTC 2007

Hi people! There's a list of things you may find useful.

1) We have chosen Ikiwiki on git on Alioth to be the next main wiki tool for
the project. As there are currently some issues with the Ikiwiki version
installed on Alioth, the Alioth admin team and Joey Hess have scheduled an
upgrade with a backported package, which will need some time because of a
slightly incompatibile behaviour. We will wait for this. In the meanwhile,
please keep on using MoinMoin[1] as we did until now!

2) We already own a git repository, in addition to the CVS. :-)

3) Graphics are welcome too. Davide Truffa should also create a simple logo. A
simple front page for the Alioth project instead of the standard GForge's
page[2] would be nice.

4) We have registered an IRC channel on the OFTC network for quick
conversations, booths etc.: #deb-handbook (at these days it's empty most of
the time, but come and expect to meet us!)

5) Davide will talk about the project at the third Italian Debian Community
Conference[3] which will be held in San Donà di Piave (Venice, Italy), 15-16
September 2007. (Is anybody else interested to be there?)

6) We must yet reach a consensus about the license (GPLv2?). Martin and
Davide, please get this done as soon as possible! :-))

7) I will be away (across the Norway) and possibly always offline between 7
and 22 september.

Hope there will be more news really soon!

- - -

[1] of course http://wiki.debian.org/DebianPackagingHandbook
[2] http://packaging-handbook.alioth.debian.org/
[3] http://italiandebconf.debianizzati.org/index.php/English_Info