[Parted-edge] Re: [parted-devel] Deprecate ped[register|unregister]_disk_type

leslie.polzer at gmx.net leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Mon Dec 11 12:54:54 UTC 2006

On Sun, Dec 10, 2006 at 02:58:15PM -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote:

> I personally like how the kernel folks does it. They use a definition
> to add an attribute that raise a warning on compile time. For example:
>
> #define __deprecated __attribute__((deprecated))
>
> So you just need:
>
> __deprecated void deprecated_function_proto();
How does the compiler act when it comes across this?
Is it compatible (if yes, to what extent) with non-GCC compilers?
Weeding GCC extensions out of Parted is not an easy thing to do, but we
need not make it worse...

  Leslie

--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys DD4EBF83
http://nic-nac-project.de/~skypher/