[Parted-edge] Re: [darcs-users] Re: Darcs performance

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Thu Nov 16 16:37:49 UTC 2006

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 08:04:37AM +0100, leslie.polzer at gmx.net wrote:
> > Or is this an accessible repository.
> Find them all here:
>
>   http://www.viridian-project.de/darcs/parted/

Have you tried this on a normal machine? The push/pull run in just a bit
more than two seconds on my machine, so it's hard for me to see the memory
use (I know there are tools to track this, but I was just taking a glance).
There's one patch in there that's 117k so I'd expect memory use up in the
megabytes range, perhaps more, but certainly not more than a hundred
megabytes, even at the most pessimistic.  In any case, it seems like the
simplest approach would simply be to do this push on a real computer and
just copy the repository back onto the virtual server.  I don't imagine
you're going to be having many patches that are 117k in size.  Another
option would be to look into darcshive (don't know if it's still active),
which allows you to get by without running darcs on the server.
--
David Roundy
Deptartment of Physics