[Parted-edge] Yes, I'm silly ; -), resume of previous posts that I've lost

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Mon Feb 26 22:58:57 UTC 2007

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray <debarshi.ray at gmail.com> writes:

>> I'm sending this mail just to notify that I hadn't signed up this
>> mailing list before (shame on me) and now I do :-)
>
> Welcome!
>
>> Subject: [Parted-edge] C++ bindings: directory structure
>>
>>   I prefer if we need the bindings outside of main parted
>>   repository. I would suggest to use:
>
> +1. It not only simplifies the Autoconf/Automake part, but it also gives us
> much more atomic packages. People can just install the parts they need.

Great.

>> Subject: [Parted-edge] Real partition ID support
>>
>>   I'm ok with what Debarshi proposed but I think we should first work
>>   on refactoring instead of start adding new features.
>
> What are the things involved in refactoring? Is completion/improvement of the
> VFS a part of it?

I think it's but later. First I want to rewrite the parts that are
need, then extend them and then include features.

I want to start to think about a massive rewrite of parted command
line utility since the current one is too difficult to hack and is
bloaded. I would like to have some plugin based.

That we can discuss in another thread.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855