Alternative format for the configuration file

Otavio Salvador otavio@debian.org
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:04:56 -0300

--==-=-=

--=-=-=

|| On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:17:20 +0200
|| Free Ekanayaka <free@agnula.org> wrote:

fe> Hi all,

fe> I  know that  this  proposal  might sound   rather annoying as  you've
fe> already written   the configuration parser,   so please  feel  free to
fe> reject this idea.

Let's discuss it ;-)

fe> and some  very  easy   to fetch variable    values with  a  dictionary
fe> approach,  like   Cnf["APT::Get::Arch-Only"]  to get   the  value from
fe> apt-get.conf.

The way to read the file is a lot easier since APT already does it and
we can use this format without a parser but this, for a not so
experiensed user, looks more complicated and long. This is what I
think.

The configuration file looks very clear and flexible to me but I
doesn't know how much this format will improve the flexibility. This
is what we should think.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116