[Pbuilder-maint] pbuilder, xvfb and nonexisting /tmp/.X11-unix

Junichi Uekawa dancer at netfort.gr.jp
Wed Feb 15 13:18:51 UTC 2006

Hi,

> I'm seeking advice on the following problem:
> - xvfb-run bails out on nonexistant / not root-owned /tmp/.X11-unix,
> - a/my pbuilder chroot won't have /tmp/.X11-unix,
> - I need some X (xvfb is fine) to build libaqbanking (glade-2 code
>   generation needs X bug).
>
> A working work-around is build-depending on fakeroot and calling
> fakeroot xvfb-run.
>
> Any better ideas?

I thought I fixed it already.

pbuilder (0.138) unstable; urgency=low

  * Bug fix: "pbuilder: please add x11-common to policy-rc.d", thanks to
    patch from Aurelien Jarno (Closes: #337541).
    Fixes interaction with xvfb.
    Please recreate base.tgz for this to take effect.

 -- Junichi Uekawa <dancer at debian.org>  Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:46:38 +0900

What's the issue?

regards,
	junichi