[Pbuilder-maint] build command changed to --build?

Junichi Uekawa dancer at netfort.gr.jp
Wed Jun 7 15:17:00 UTC 2006

Hi,

> When pdebuild tries to build a package, it passes --build to pbuilder
> instead of using the build command.  Is this the preferred syntax now?

When adding cowbuilder support, which uses getopt, pbuilder itself was
extended to support '--build' option.

pdebuild may use cowbuilder, and thus it uses --build option.

And, yes, that's the preferred syntax internally; I'm not quite
decided on whether to document this as a public interface.

My initial plan was to reimplement pbuilder in C; but that project has
stagnated for over 3 years.  The only remaining piece from that
project can be found in cowbuilder source code.

regards,
	junichi
--
dancer@{debian.org,netfort.gr.jp}   Debian Project