[Pbuilder-maint] Removing a pbuilder build directory

Junichi Uekawa dancer at netfort.gr.jp
Thu Aug 23 16:00:32 UTC 2007

Hi,

> I'm admin on a machine that hosts a Debian developer who uses pbuilder.
> Occasionally pbuilder fails, or he uses Ctrl-c to interrupt it, and
> pbuilder leaves a numbered build in unstable/build/
>
> When I try to remove the numbered build (eg 15716), I find out the /proc
> and /dev directories are hard links, part of a chroot I take it.

They are mounted, not hard links.

> How do I unmount/unlink these, so that I can remove the old build?

You can umount them, but if they are being used, they cannot be
removed, that's why they remain.

The safest way to ensure things can be safely removed is to reboot.
After a reboot, run 'pbuilder clean' to clean files.

regards,
	junichi
--
dancer@{debian.org,netfort.gr.jp}   Debian Project