[Pbuilder-maint] ChangeLog, debian/changelog and git log

Junichi Uekawa dancer at netfort.gr.jp
Sat Dec 22 06:36:01 UTC 2007

Hi,

>  I think updating the ChangeLog and debian/changelog for each new
>  feature isn't very nice for collaboration: these files will always
>  conflict.  Another option is to simply git commit between releases and
>  document the changes between the releases in a separate commit.
>  git-dch can generate a debian/changelog from the git log for example.
>
>  What do you think?

Either way is fine, I wasn't quite aware of git-dch.

Should I just open new release with git-dch --snapshot, and then
finish up with git-dch --release ?
This looks good.

As for ChangeLog, we probably don't need it anymore, since I think I
am mostly comfortable with git commit messages; it's more of an
artifact of CVS days.

regards,
	junichi
--