[Pbuilder-maint] qestion on multiple cowbuilders sharing the same basepath

Bastian Venthur venthur at debian.org
Mon Feb 19 10:30:34 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm currently using cowbuilder for a massive package recompilation. In
order to speed things up I'm running several instances of cowbuilder
(pbuilder using cowbuilder) concurrently. Currently all those instances
have their own basepath:

  /var/cache/pbuilder/base.cow_1/
  /var/cache/pbuilder/base.cow_2/
  /var/cache/pbuilder/base.cow_3/
  /var/cache/pbuilder/base.cow_n/

Which costs a lot of disk space.

My question is: is it safe to have multiple cowbuilders running on the
same basepath? E.g. When I use pdebuild to rebuild KDE and another to
rebuild the kernel? Do they all have their "own" clean environment even
when running on the same basepath? Is it safe?

Thanks for your wonderful tool!

Cheers,

Bastian

--
Bastian Venthur                                      http://venthur.de
Debian Developer                                 venthur at debian org