Files generated with "pbuilder build" change codification of files in .../pbuilder/result/

César Gómez Martín cesar.gomez at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 00:22:28 UTC 2008

[Please CC me. I am not subscribed.]

I am trying to build a Debian package with pbuilder, but the generated
files (specially .changes and .dsc files) change the locale from
"es_ES.utf8" to "C" which is not good because of my name ;)

I have configured locales in the chroot environment to use
"es_ES.utf8" but I have the same problem when invoking "pbuilder build
*.dsc"

Is there any easy way to workaround this?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
César.