Profile support and refactoring

Osamu Aoki osamu at debian.org
Mon Jan 11 11:29:15 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 08:15:28PM +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> >  I would like to have /etc/pbuilder/foo.pbuilderrc files which would
> >  override /etc/pbuilderrc.
>
> There are 2 types of "override".  Before and after /etc/pbuilderrc.

I retract this. We can always preload from environment variables.

For "pbuilder --profile foo --create --distribution bar"

Configuration to read shall be:
  /usr/share/pbuilder/pbuilderrc (defaults)
  /etc/pbuilder/pbuilderrc       (this has apt URL by debconf
                                  and user supplied defaults)
  /usr/share/pbuilder/bar.dist   (system supplied data for bar)
  /etc/pbuilder/bar.dist         (user   supplied data for bar)
  /etc/pbuilder/foo.prof         (user   supplied data for foo)
  $HOME/.pbuilderrc

Maybe like this... I will think about this for a week or so :-)

(I realized that APTCONF variable does what I wanted to do previously.)

Osamu