Versioned dependency on debootstrap

Mattia Rizzolo mattia at debian.org
Mon Feb 8 11:04:01 UTC 2016

On Mon, Feb 08, 2016 at 09:45:07AM +0000, Christopher Baines wrote:
> Just tried running pbuilder version 0.223 on Jessie, and the only issue
> I have run in to so far is that I needed to install the version of
> debootstrap in jessie-backports.

oh, I didn't notice that version of debootsrap was available in
jessie-bpo!

> This is due to pbuilders use of --force-check-gpg, pbuilder 0.223
> requires debootstrap 1.0.69 or greater.

this is actually since 0.221.2.

> Could a versioned dependency on debootstrap be used in future releases?

in the last backport I simply reverted the change adding
--force-check-gpg on the default debootsrap options, but indeed I could
also just add a stricter dependency.  Though I don't particolarly like
it, because it's yes the default, but setting a DEBOOTSTRAPOPTS without
--force-gpg-check in your .pbuilderrc is enough to avoid it.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  http://mapreri.org                              : :'  :