qemubuilder and working amd64 kernel/initrd

Yuri D'Elia wavexx at thregr.org
Fri Jan 22 14:10:16 UTC 2016

I'm trying to give qemubuilder a shot in the current unstable (amd64 arch), but I'm stuck.

I tried with the current netinst's kernel+initrd, but when running qemubuilder --create I get:

  forking qemu: kvm -nodefaults -nographic -M pc -m 1024 -kernel /var/cache/pbuilder/kernel/vmlinuz -initrd /var/cache/pbuilder/kernel/initrd.gz -drive file=/var/cache/pbuilder/base.qemu,index=0,media=disk,cache=writeback,id=hd0 -drive file=/var/cache/pbuilder/build/qemu.16103.dev,index=1,media=disk,cache=writeback,id=hd1 -append root=/dev/sda quiet init=/pbuilder-run console=ttyS0,115200n8 -serial stdio -net user -net nic
WARNING: Image format was not specified for '/var/cache/pbuilder/base.qemu' and probing guessed raw.
         Automatically detecting the format is dangerous for raw images, write operations on block 0 will be restricted.
         Specify the 'raw' format explicitly to remove the restrictions.
WARNING: Image format was not specified for '/var/cache/pbuilder/build/qemu.16103.dev' and probing guessed raw.
         Automatically detecting the format is dangerous for raw images, write operations on block 0 will be restricted.
         Specify the 'raw' format explicitly to remove the restrictions.
[    0.024000] Failed to access perfctr msr (MSR c1 is 0)
/init: exec: line 26: /pbuilder-run: not found
[    0.387692] Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init! exitcode=0x00000200

Any hints?