[Pcsclite-muscle] GemPC430 reader OK on 32-bit Kubuntu 14.10, fails on 64-bit

Steve Langridge steve at suttridge.co.za
Thu Jul 3 12:01:49 UTC 2014

Hi Ludovic,

Thanks, your answer put me in the right direction.  The problem was that the
actual card reader hardware was old, and although it claimed to be able to
support full-speed usb, it was, in fact, very unreliable (more so on 64-bit
than 32-bit).  Connecting it via a usb 1.1 hub (thus forcing the speed down)
made it work fine.

I am looking now to obtain a newer model of the card reader to try out at
full-speed.

Thanks and regards,

Steve.