[Pcsclite-muscle] Changes to pcscd for XSpice support

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Tue Oct 28 21:29:59 UTC 2014

Thanks for the reply.

> Maybe you should have a look at this, now old, patch [1].
> It should allow an application to be connected to a specific pcscd.

Yes, exactly.  (Except that, afaict, we also need to do the same thing
for the pubshm file, pid file, events dir, and the ipc dir in general).

> I don't know what you understand by "we want each client to have a
> fully separated smart card channel".
> Will you have one different (physical) smart card reader per client application?

The issue is that there will be N client machines, running the Spice
client software, with N physical card readers.  There will be 1
application server, running N different Xorg sessions.  For simplicity,
let's say that we have N instances of xdm running.  The challenge is
that, with an unmodified pcscd, there would be 1 pcscd, with N emulated
cards.  So each xdm would see N different cards.  The the desired result
is for each xdm to see only 1 card (and, obviously, the card that is
connected to its session).

Does that help clarify?

Cheers,

Jeremy