[Pcsclite-muscle] An alternate Python library for PC/SC Lite

Martin Paljak martin at martinpaljak.net
Mon Dec 15 19:43:01 UTC 2014

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 11:06 AM, Ludovic Rousseau
<ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe it would be a good thing to have all the ISO specifications
> available at http://thepiratebay.se/
> Or at least all the ISO 7816 parts :-)

That would be nice (if piratebay would still be the nice place for
such things, overall "publicly findable from DHT" would be
sufficient). But all the docs I've seen have a watermark, which makes
it ... troublesome ... for anyone who tried that.

Yet I find the generic ISO specs quite useless, unless you are arguing
with someone, which interpretation is "more correct" than another one.
Because the only reason to be ISO-compliant on higher levels
(non-electrical) is interoperability (replaceable host side software
or replaceable smart card) and the only common trait I've seen has
been "lowest common denominator": like web apps (almost) all speak TCP
under HTTP/JSON/SOAP/WHATNOT but you can't even swap a login button of
one provider with a button from another provider (even if they all
speak "OAUTH-ish" stuff).

--
Martin
+372 515 6495