[Pcsclite-muscle] Authenticate on OSX with NFC

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 12:24:27 UTC 2015

> Hi.

Hello,

> I'm trying to authenticate myself on OSX with a ACS ACR122U USB reader and a
> NFC tag [1].  It should be doable according to Apple's "Enabling smart card
> login" document [2].  I basically need to store a key on the tag, and get
> "sc_auth hash" to show a hash from that key.
>

> OSX's version of /usr/bin/pcsctest finds the reader and reads the tag
> without problems.  So far so good.
>
> I found the ifdnfc project [3] which support NFC card for PKCS11 via OpenSC.
> But I couldn't get it to build using the docs from nfc-tools.org [4].  I
> tried adding some configure parameters, but the build just fails searching
> for pcsc-lite header files:
>
>    $ ./configure
> PCSC_CFLAGS="-I/System/Library/Frameworks/PCSC.framework/Versions/A/Headers"
> --enable-usbdropdir=/usr/libexec/SmartCardServices/driver CFLAGS="-framework
> PCSC"
>    [...]
>    $ make
>    [...]
>    clang: warning: -framework PCSC: 'linker' input unused
>    ifd-nfc.c:21:10: fatal error: 'debuglog.h' file not found
>

> So I built pcsc-lite [5], and ifdnfc builds nicely against that.  But pcscd
> doesn't seem to find the reader.  testpcsc says:
>
>    Testing SCardIsValidContext    : Invalid handle. (don't panic)
>    Testing SCardListReaders    : Cannot find a smart card reader. (don't
> panic)
>
> Any ideas?

According to your email "Store key on NFC tag that is acceptable to
sc_auth?" [1] to the SmartcardServices-Users list you solved the
problem and your ACS ACR122U reader is available from PC/SC.

Bye

[1] https://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/smartcardservices-users/2015-January/000454.html

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau