[Pcsclite-muscle] Semantics of TAG_IFD_POLLING_THREAD_WITH_TIMEOUT

William Roberts bill.c.roberts at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 22:57:37 UTC 2015

Additional,

I installed PCSCD from source and never verified existing functionality
when I moved to implementing the polling fn. Here is a snip from opensc.log

tion=1 transaction_end_action=0 reconnect_action=0 enable_pinpad=1
enable_pace=1
0x7f638934b700 11:27:08.095 [piv-tool]
reader-pcsc.c:948:pcsc_detect_readers: called
0x7f638934b700 11:27:08.095 [piv-tool]
reader-pcsc.c:956:pcsc_detect_readers: Probing pcsc readers
0x7f638934b700 11:27:08.095 [piv-tool]
reader-pcsc.c:978:pcsc_detect_readers: Establish pcsc context
0x7f638934b700 11:27:08.098 [piv-tool]
reader-pcsc.c:983:pcsc_detect_readers: SCardEstablishContext failed:
0x8010001d
0x7f638934b700 11:27:08.098 [piv-tool]
reader-pcsc.c:1101:pcsc_detect_readers: returning with: -1101 (No readers
found)
0x7f638934b700 11:27:08.098 [piv-tool] ctx.c:795:sc_release_context: called
0x7f638934b700 11:27:08.098 [piv-tool] reader-pcsc.c:745:pcsc_finish: called

It looks like I just cant get a from-source install working event without
my ifd, but the binary distribution for Ubuntu works fine. I had to run the
PCSCD daemon (built from source)
as root just to get it to run, but looking at the debian version, perhaps I
have some bad perms issue going on, or some file is not found from a config?

--
Respectfully,

William C Roberts