[Pcsclite-muscle] Android Smart Card Emulator

William Roberts bill.c.roberts at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 22:08:36 UTC 2015

Ok got it thanks.

I was looking at the code for jcardsim and it looks like the crypto
operations are backed by bouncycastle. It also appears that their
are no Keystore interfaces. On actual smart cards, can an applet call
PrivateKey.getEncoded() and actually retreive the raw key bytes?

It would be nice to interface this stuff into AndroidKeyStore so private
keys cannot be leaked.

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 12:11 AM, Frank Morgner <
morgner at informatik.hu-berlin.de> wrote:

> On Tuesday, March 10 at 05:52PM, William Roberts wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 5:19 PM, Frank Morgner <
> > morgner at informatik.hu-berlin.de> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I created a simple App which uses Android’s HCE to fetch APDUs from a
> > > contact-less reader and delegate them to Java Card Applets. The app
> > > includes the Java Card simulation runtime of jCardSim [1] as well as
> the
> > > following Java Card applets:
> > >
> > > - Hello World applet [2]
> > > - OpenPGP applet [3]
> > > - OATH applet [4]
> > > - ISO applet [5]
> > >
> > > With some more effort I think this could be quite interesting for a
> > > variety of use cases. What do you think?
> > >

> > Def tons of use cases. Can you elaborate on jcardsim? Looks like its
> just a
> > jar file you can load applet byte code into.
>
> Yes and no. jCardSim essentially provides all the packages of a standard
> Java Card as well as some simulation glue code (see
> http://jcardsim.org/docs/quick-start-guide-simulator-api). You need to
> have the applet compiled for the JRE (in my case Dalvik VM) to let the
> applet 'use' the java card environment of jCardSim.
>
> > > Greets, Frank.
> > >

> > > [0]
> https://frankmorgner.github.io/vsmartcard/ACardEmulator/README.html
> > > [1] http://www.jcardsim.org/