[Pcsclite-muscle] question about locking and reconnect

Ricardo Martin rickyepoderi at yahoo.es
Wed Jun 3 07:14:25 UTC 2015

Hi,

Sorry for being tiresome but thinking about this issue I think we have only two ways of going:
1.- pcsc-lite changes SCardReconnect to release the locks and perform as windows implementation does. This option changes how the software works right now and can trigger another problems in other projects that depend on it. Besides it wouldn't solve pcsc on mac (I think pcsc on mac forked an older pcsc-lite version, so I suppose it has the same behavior, SCardReconnect does not release the locks).
2.- opensc adds some "ifdef _WIN32" to add or not add the lock after a SCardReconnect. I suppose it would be something similar to the patch attached (comments are welcomed).
Ludovic, it is up to you. You can consider better than me which one is the better approach. If you think it is better to patch opensc to act differently depending windows or not windows I will try to submit a pull requests to opensc referencing bug #475.

Thank you very much in deep.