[Pcsclite-muscle] Feitian SCR301 - new version

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 09:56:18 UTC 2015

> Il 20/10/2015 18:06, Ludovic Rousseau ha scritto:
>
>> That's where I am. Any hint about what's happening or what I could
>> try next ?
>> Buy another model of reader.
>> Choose a reader from the "supported" list
>> https://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/ccid/supported.html
>>

> Ok, done. It works well (I took one from Gemalto).
>
> I happen to have also got my hand on this reader (lsusb output appended):
>

> http://cartesapuce-discount.com/fr/lecteurs-de-cartes-a-puce-usb/109-lecteur-de-cartes-a-puce-usb-cardman-3121.html
>
> pcsc_scan reports "Feitian SCR301", which is on:
>
>         https://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/ccid/unsupported.html
>
> though it looks like as on my first link, not this one.
>
> So far I have had no problem to use it.
> Do you know how I could test/check the problems mentionned on the page ?

The page says: The reader fails with a CASE 2 APDU with Le=0 (256 bytes)

So you have to test if a case 2 APDU with Le=0 works for you.
You may have to never use such an APDU. So the reader may work well for you.

Your reader has: bcdDevice 4.50
The one on my list has: bcdDevice: 3.01 (firmware release?)

So you have a newer firmware. Maybe your firmware is fixed.

> On a side note, there are two groups "FEITIAN" and "Feitian" on
>
> https://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/ccid/shouldwork.html
>
> , aren't they the same ?

Yes. They are all Feitian readers
https://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/select_readers/?idVendor=2414