[Pcsclite-muscle] further issues with O2MICRO OZ776 (0b97:7772)

Stephan Bärwolf stephan at matrixstorm.com
Sat May 14 19:55:02 UTC 2016

On 05/14/16 20:19, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:

>     Hi all.
>

> Hello,

Hi again.

>  [...]

> You modified the T=1 communication algorithm. I guess the reader is also bogus with T=0 cards.
> Do you have T=0 cards to test with the reader?

I tested with Atos CardOS 4.4 and CardOS 5.0.
So sorry, I don't know any other way to also test T=0...

> According to my driver page [1] this O2 Micro Oz776 reader has other problems:
> " The reader is bogus and does not accept PPS "
Read it - but still there is a changelog entry declaring it supported and useable...

> I do not plan to integrate your patch. The reader may be too bogus to make it usable.
Yes, ok.
But shouldn't you disable the O2 Micro Oz776 at all? (Or implement a big fat warning ?)
As long as it gets detected and as long as it is selectable, people assume to be able to use it without limitation...?
> But thanks for sharing your patch. Maybe it can help other "victims" of this reader.
No problem, hope I could help.

> Bye
>
> [1] https://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/ccid/unsupported.html#0x0B970x7772
>
> --