[Pcsclite-muscle] cannot erase epass2003auto - token init failure

Jay Aurabind jay.aurabind at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 08:11:06 UTC 2016

On 19 June 2016 at 22:21, Ludovic Rousseau <ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Why do you build pcsc-lite yourself instead of using a Fedora package?
>> >

>> Version of pcsc-lite in fedora repo does not support ePass2003auto,
>> hence I had to build it from source.
>>

> Build the CCID driver from source if you need.
> But do not build pcsc-lite yourself.

Tried that as well (pcsc-lite version 1.8.15 from fedora 23 repo). I
get the same error message. -  both the init failure and the failure
for feitian's proprietary tool.

The proprietary tool fails to work in both the cases - pcsclite from
std repo and latest one compiled from source.

I compiled opensc from source, it can detect the device even with
pcsc-lite from the fedora repo.

> I guess that is the source of the problem: "(the tool complains about a
> service not found)"

Is the init error because of the additional USB interface interfering
? If so, engineers at Feitian should contact you and arrive at a
solution I suppose. If you have any workaround patches, I would be
happy to test it out.

> Bye
>
> --
>  Dr. Ludovic Rousseau