[Pcsclite-muscle] ReinerSCT Cyberjack e-com: readerfactory.c:1097:RFInitializeReader() Open Port 0x200000 Failed (usb:0c4b/0401:libudev:0:/dev/bus/usb/001/012)

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 08:12:45 UTC 2016

> Yes ! A pity though that the driver does not nicely explain this fact
> ... but maybe this is (technically) not possible ?

It IS technically possible. The driver can log anything so it is not
too complex to log a message like:
"Sorry this device is no more supported. Please use an older and
unsupported version of our Reiner-SCT driver"

> Now the world makes sense again :))

I am not sure if deliberately removing support of "old" readers from a
driver will generate more sells of new readers.

But I am sure it will waste time from users and from myself trying to
find what is wrong. Maybe I should just redirect all emails mentioning
Reiner-SCT devices to Reiner-SCT support?

Bye

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau