RSS for PET3

Evgeni Golov evgeni at debian.org
Sun Jul 31 21:34:27 UTC 2011

Heya *,

as mentioned in the BoF, I'd really like to have an RSS feed for PET
(and also mail and irc, but let's make small steps).

I think we should start with some kind of definition what we want to see
in the rss, well, actually how we want to see things there.
RSS is about updates, not about the current state.
But that is exactly what we currently have in the database. Let me paint
a picture:

PET's web view:
 ready for upload:
  foo
  bar
  baz
 rc buggy:
  blub
  blah
  fasel

RSS as it should be:
 2011-01-01 foo is ready for upload
 2011-01-13 blub has a new rc bug
 2011-01-15 bar is ready for upload
 2011-01-16 new upstream release of bar
 2011-01-27 blah and fasel have new rc bugs

Now here is my problem: ansgar, where the f*ck is the data? the bugs
have timestams, that's easy. but how do I do this for the other stuff?
I'm lost in transaction :>
And not really sure the classifier would help me here, as it does the
classy, not the timy thingy :)

Now come one, give me some input, I have to spend these 25MB traffic I
paid vodafone 2€ for and no, porn is NOT an option :)

Greets from hacklab.EN498.280.56, currently in Slovenija
Evgeni