Alioth status update, take 3

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Fri May 27 17:02:14 UTC 2011

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 27.05.2011, 18:28 +0200 schrieb Ansgar Burchardt:
> Joachim Breitner <nomeata at debian.org> writes:
> > I was not following PET2 development. What are the advantages over PET?
> > And does it work already with darcs (which is what pkg-haskell uses)?
>
> PET2 was written to support multiple VCS, currently Git and Subversion.
> Adding support for darcs should be fairly easy.  If someone has time to
> help me with darcs, I can write the PET module for it (I have never used
> darcs myself).
>
> It also supports several VCS backends for a single team.  For example
> both packages maintained in Git and Subversion show up on pkg-perl's
> PET2 page.

interesting, we have some packages in git that are not PET-monitored.
Having them included would be nice (although I’d still prefer having all
in Darcs).

Does PET2 support debian-only VCS layouts? We have one Darcs repository
per package, each containing only the contents of the debian/ directory.
You can browse and access files directly via HTTP, below this path:
http://anonscm.debian.org/darcs/pkg-haskell/

Unfortunately, reading Tags is not so easy remotely. One would expect
that
$ darcs show tags --repo=http://anonscm.debian.org/darcs/pkg-haskell/bluetile
works, because this works:
$ darcs changes --repo=http://anonscm.debian.org/darcs/pkg-haskell/bluetile

As a work-around, the latter can be post-processed easily to extract the
tags. I’ll file a bug against darcs about "show tags", but until this is
fixed and finds it way into a stable Debian release, some time
passes :-)

What else do you need to know about Darcs to write the Darcs module?

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner