fetchdata on alioth

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Tue Aug 26 23:24:43 UTC 2014

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 26.08.2014, 16:09 -0700 schrieb Alexander Wirt:
> On Tue, 26 Aug 2014, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > Am Sonntag, den 24.08.2014, 21:16 -0700 schrieb Alexander Wirt:
> > > I don't exactly know what fetchdata is, but it kills alioth. So you will
> > > either:
> > >
> > > a) rewrite it to be not to ressource intensive
> > > b) runs the process with lower priority
> > > c) run it somewhere else
> >
> > it is part of PET, the package tracker, that we run for the Debian
> > Haskell Group, and I don’t know much about it.
> >
> > @PET-Devel: Can you help me figure out what’s going here?
> >
> > (Is PET even actively maintained these days?)
> And does this script really run every hour?

yes, and it has done that unmodified since many years. Usually, it is
fast...

Since sunday night it said "Can't read cache:" (without more). I then
deleted the cache yesterday afternoon, which made it stop giving this
error. But from what you say it is now causing other problems?

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner