[Pgi-devel] Python version

Jimmy Kaplowitz jimmy@debian.org
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 22:15:24 -0500

--c3bfwLpm8qysLVxt

Hi Lance,

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 01:18:42PM -0600, Lance Levsen wrote:
> Okay, rather then go through the source hell of python 2.1 I did a Deb
> stable install on a spare machine. CVS'ed the sources from alioth and
> did a dpkg-buildpackage.

I'm glad to hear you got everything working. It's possible that a few
tweaks to the version in Debian would have sufficed to get PGI working
with Python 2.3. Of course, the version in Alioth CVS is indeed much
newer and has several fixes and other enhancements done by Progeny
before they ceased development on PGI. So, it is probably best that you
used that version.

Good luck with PGI. Despite the name of this mailing list, we have only
one list right now, so user questions are appropriate in addition to
development questions. Tell us how it goes.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org

--c3bfwLpm8qysLVxt

--c3bfwLpm8qysLVxt--