[Pgi-devel] Patch for pgi-build

Jimmy Kaplowitz jimmy@debian.org
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 01:02:28 -0500

--idY8LE8SD6/8DnRI

Hi Lance,

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 01:49:49PM -0600, Lance Levsen wrote:
> Attached is a patch that moves the PGI_VERSION set below the getopts.
> This allows -D to actually work.
>=20
> Previously, PGI_DIR had to be set for a PGI_DIR other then
> /usr/share/pgi.

Looks good, except for one thing: where is getopts told to use -D
anyway? I didn't see a "D" anywhere in that long string of option
letters passed to getopts. Of course, I might be overlooking something
obvious, since I haven't tried -D lately. Either way, it's still an
improvement, so I'll commit it to the CVS repository in the next couple
of days.  (Unfortunately for my attempt to do it now, Debian's email
servers are very slow right now, so my Alioth password reset
confirmation hash email is taking way too long to arrive. I might be
able to do it tomorrow morning, but after that I'm busy until Sunday.)

Congrats on getting first accepted patch! Please send more as they're
ready, as should everyone else who's hacking on PGI when you have
something worth submitting. (I am busy with other things right now, but
I will continue to merge patches as appropriate, and I look forward to
personally get back to PGI hacking when I have the chance.)

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org

P. S. - Any replies sent directly to me in the near future will be
affected by the slowness of the Debian email servers mentioned above.
The mailing list goes through a different machine and should arrive in
my mailbox in a more timely fashion, at least until the email servers
are fixed.

--idY8LE8SD6/8DnRI

--idY8LE8SD6/8DnRI--