[Pgi-devel] Patch for pgi-build

Jimmy Kaplowitz jimmy@debian.org
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 03:32:39 -0500

--IbVRjBtIbJdbeK1C

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 01:08:04AM -0600, Lance Levsen wrote:
> Hehe. Yeah. I noticed the same thing. It actually fixes --dir, not -D,
> although the help lists -D | --dir. :)=20

Ah, that explains it. :)

> I was going to fix getopts and send another patch in. The PGI_DIR
> directive should be moved further below the --help output. Otherwise
> --help doesn't work.=20

OK, then, I'll hold off on committing your changes until I have your
revised patch.

> Lots more to come. I've been working on this pretty steady since the new
> year. Course most time is spent on figuring out how it's working.

That's very cool to hear. I'm looking forward to seeing your results.

When I get back to working on PGI, I will probably finish the powerpc
support that I contributed to PGI back around 0.9.7.[1] (It's in our
CVS, since it was formerly in Progeny's CVS thanks to Branden Robinson.)
I might also improve support for ext3. (It's already not that hard to
support since, as doc/faq.xml states, it's only a tune2fs -j away in the
post-reboot part of the install, given a kernel with sufficient ext3
support. Still, I'm not aware of a way to make ext3 filesystems in the
installer at the moment, even when a PGI installer CD is made with a
kernel supporting ext3.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org

[1] Well, I'll at least finish it for NewWorld Macs, since that's the
only type of PowerPC machine I have to play with. Others will have to
fill in the gaps beyond that.

--IbVRjBtIbJdbeK1C

--IbVRjBtIbJdbeK1C--