[php-apt-parser-maint] Re: patches for parse-apt-files.inc

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Tue May 9 21:34:34 UTC 2006

Am Montag, den 01.05.2006, 22:20 -0300 schrieb Damian Viano:
> On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 10:49:11AM +0300, Jarno Elonen wrote:

[..]
> > Added you both to project staff.
>
>   Great.

I cleaned the project page a bit. If you think, we need something I
removed, feel free to re-add it. Damian, I gave you administrative
rights too. If you want to restrict your rights or whatever, you can do
this yourself.

[..]
> > > - what should be used CVS or SVN
> >
> > I asked for SVN - I like it much better as you don't have to have a shell
> > account and to grope the file system directly to rename/delete/move files
> > (among other things).
>
>   SVN is just fine, although I personally like darcs better.

FYI: SVN is finally up: http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/php-apt-parser

Write access will probably be available after next synchronization
between Alioth and svn.debian.org.

Another mail will follow about a structure suggestion.

> > > - what license can be used (IIRC there were a few discussion about
> > > released-to-the-public software and resulting issues) - GPL or LGPL?
> >
> > LGPL is fine with me, though I'd actually prefer an even less restrictive
> > license like MIT / modified BSD. I don't see how anyone could really misuse
> > this small piece of software by prorietarizing it. However, if someone wanted
> > to embed it with some CMS, for example, that was not (L)GPL compatible, it
> > would be a shame if it wasn't possible, IMO.
> >
> > No strong opinions here either, though.
>
>   As I said before, anything DFSG free seems right to me.

Ok. Jarno, you suggested a BSD-like license. I would be fine with that.
IMHO a good choice for this work (don't know the MIT license). Your
opinions?

> > > BTW: Can we create just one mailing list, so the discussion can be moved
> > > there?
> >
> > Yeah, that might be a good idea. You should now have privileges to do that.
[..]

Do we want a commits list? Or do we want to setup commit mailings to
this list? I guess, this list will not have so many traffic, that commit
mailings will disturb. Or do you don't want commit mails?

> P.S.: CCing Jarno since he is not subscribed yet..

Ditto.

Regards, Daniel