[Pkg-azure-team] Bug#839004: ITP: ruby-timeliness -- Fast date/time parser gem for Ruby
Iain R. Learmonth
irl at debian.org
Tue Sep 27 15:21:03 UTC 2016
Owner: "Iain R. Learmonth" <irl at debian.org>
Control: block 838927 by -1
* Package name : ruby-timeliness
Version : 0.3.8
Upstream Author : Adam Meehan
* URL : https://rubygems.org/gems/timeliness
* License : MIT
Programming Lang: Ruby
Description : Fast date/time parser gem for Ruby
Date/time parser for Ruby with the following features:
* Extensible with custom formats and tokens.
* It's pretty fast. Up to 60% faster than Time/Date parse method.
* Control the parser strictness.
* Control behaviour of ambiguous date formats (US vs European e.g. mm/dd/yy, dd/mm/yy).
* I18n support (for months), if I18n gem loaded.
* Fewer WTFs than Time/Date parse method.
Extracted from the validates_timeliness gem, it has been rewritten cleaner and
much faster. It's most suitable for when you need to control the parsing
behaviour. It's faster than the Time/Date class parse methods, so it has
This is being packaged as a dependency of vagrant-azure.
This will be maintained within the pkg-azure team.
More information about the Pkg-azure-team