Subject: Re: [Pkg-cacti-maint] RFA: cacti -- Frontend to rrdtool for monitoring systems and services

From: Luk Claes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 22:57:19 +0100

Hi

It's apparently taking a long time before an upload happens. I know that
Sean is kind of on VAC, but maybe I can help out and sponsor some upload
and work on the security bugs?

Cheers

Luk

---

From: Mahyuddin Susanto <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 08:20:10 +0700

Hi,

> and work on the security bugs?

Sure, we need help for upload. Me and Paul does not upload right because
we are not DD yet.

I have contact Sean about new upstream cacti release before he go to
Atlantic. And all patch including security issue has been uploaded into
pkg-cacti at alioth [1] and RT.debian.org. All changes ready to review
and upload.

> Luk

Thanks!

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-cacti/cacti.git
-- 
[ Mahyuddin Susanto ] - http://udienz.web.id
GPG: 4096R/90B36C5B
Debian Maintainer - www.debian.org

---

From: Luk Claes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 09:33:24 +0100

> pkg-cacti at alioth [1] and RT.debian.org. All changes ready to review

Can you upload the package for unstable to mentors.debian.net [1]? That
would make my job as a sponsor easier. Thanks already!

I see that for lenny the necessary patches for the security update were
prepared. Though apparently for squeeze that has not yet been done?
And are the patches for lenny already been reviewed, it does not seem to
be the case?

Cheers

Luk

[1] http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

---

From: Mahyuddin Susanto <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 17:01:47 +0700

> would make my job as a sponsor easier. Thanks already!

Yes, here there are:
 - for unstable:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/cacti/cacti_0.8.7i-1.dsc
 - for stable:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/cacti/cacti_0.8.7g-1+squeeze1.dsc
 - for oldstable
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/cacti/cacti_0.8.7b-2.1+lenny4.dsc
i've confused during set $DIST in changelog because debexpo doesn't know
oldstable-security. so i cange to lenny-security

> And are the patches for lenny already been reviewed, it does not seem to

Squeeze&lenny patches already uploaded to debexpo. someone in -security
team contact me to review, hopefully we have good news immediately.

By the way, do you consider to review or sponsoring cacti-spine too?
cacti-spine have upstream release. I've uploaded to debexpo too

Thanks!

---

From: Luk Claes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 12:08:38 +0100

> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/cacti/cacti_0.8.7i-1.dsc

In 05_no-adodb.patch why did you change the include_once to an include?
Are you sure it's not included multiple times? In any way it's more
clear if it would be an include_once.

Why is use-utf8.patch not included in debian/patches/series?

> oldstable-security. so i cange to lenny-security

Is 624516 fixed in stable (and unstable/testing)? If so, please mark it
as fixed in the stable version.

> team contact me to review, hopefully we have good news immediately.

Did that happen recently? Otherwise it might be good if I also have a
look at these to prepare uploads.

> cacti-spine have upstream release. I've uploaded to debexpo too

Is 583264 fixed or can you have a look in fixing it with a patch?

Can you also fix 614997 by adding the suggests and the README.Debian
note Sean mentioned?

Cheers

Luk

---

From: Mahyuddin Susanto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 02:08:14 +0700

Hello

> clear if it would be an include_once.

I'm not sure. So i change to upstream that change include to include_once

> Why is use-utf8.patch not included in debian/patches/series?

my mistake. now applied

> as fixed in the stable version.

Fixed

> look at these to prepare uploads.

Yes, but i don't know whether it already review or not, perhaps
because this week is holiday so my pathes get delay

> Is 583264 fixed or can you have a look in fixing it with a patch?

I've looked at upstream changes. i'm sure that 583264 already applied
in upstream. so i decided to closed this bug in this upload

> Can you also fix 614997 by adding the suggests and the README.Debian

Yes

> Luk

Thanks Luk, sorry for delay

-- 
Mahyuddin Susanto - http://www.udienz.web.id
GPG: 4096R/90B36C5B

---

From: Luk Claes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 20:33:46 +0100

>> Why is use-utf8.patch not included in debian/patches/series?

Ok, uploaded.

>> Can you also fix 614997 by adding the suggests and the README.Debian

Uploaded, though I added verbs (is twice) and article (the) so the entry
in README.Debian now reads:

---
If spine is not running properly if querying non-free mibs, you should
install
snmp-mibs-downloader which is in the non-free archive.
---

Note also that the build dependencies should probably be adjusted for
next time: libmysqlclient15-dev -> libmysqlclient-dev, libsnmp9-dev |
libsnmp-dev -> libsnmp-dev

Cheers

Luk

---

From: Mahyuddin Susanto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 04:23:01 +0700

Thanks!

> libsnmp-dev -> libsnmp-dev

I'll commit into git

Thanks again!

---

From: sean finney <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 20:09:46 +0100

Hi Guys,

> and work on the security bugs?

Thanks for filling in :)

I'm now mostly back -- I at least have a computer again!  there's
quite a backlog of mail and bugs to work my way though (the date of the
mail I'm replying to is about how far along I am chronologically).
If there's anything that needs immediate attention please humor me and
re-post it, otherwise I'll hopefully get to it as I continue reading
through my mail and the BTS.

Also to be clear I do still plan on eventually leaving cacti (so feel
encouraged to stay and help more!), as I don't use it much day-to-day
anymore.  But hopefully it will be a bit more graceful than dropping
off the face of the earth like it has been in the past month...

	sean