Subject: [Pkg-cacti-maint] Bug#979176: Conflicting information about initial login/password

From: David Prévot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2021 17:16:36 -0400

Package: cacti
Version: 1.2.16+ds1-1
Severity: minor

Hi Paul,

/usr/share/doc/cacti/README.Debian pretends that “The default
login/password is admin/admin.” (line 8) but that doesn’t work.

Reading a bit further, the “Default initial username/password” section
provides better (working) information, so maybe the line 8 should be
removed or replaced by a pointer to this section.

Regards

David

---

From: "Debian Bug Tracking System" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 19:45:03 +0000

Processing control commands:

> tags -1 moreinfo
Bug #979176 [cacti] Conflicting information about initial login/password
Added tag(s) moreinfo.

-- 
979176: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=979176
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

---

From: Paul Gevers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 20:43:36 +0100

Control: tags -1 moreinfo

Hi David

Thanks for reporting issues.

> login/password is admin/admin.” (line 8) but that doesn’t work.

That's below the text "if you've chosen to go the manual route".

> removed or replaced by a pointer to this section.

I think the text is still true. *If* the user didn't use dbconfig-common
to setup cacti, then the default upstream password still applies, which
is admin/admin.

Do you think it helps if we put the "Default initial username/password"
section first?

Paul

---

From: David Prévot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 17:17:16 -0400

Hi Paul,

Le 17/01/2021 à 15:43, Paul Gevers a écrit :
[…]
> That's below the text "if you've chosen to go the manual route".

Oh, indeed, I’m sorry: I just quickly skimmed at the text looking for 
the password information but didn’t bother to actually read the text (my 
intent was simply to check that an updated JS dependency didn’t 
obviously break the associated feature).

> to setup cacti, then the default upstream password still applies, which

Agreed, feel free to close the issue without further investigation.

> Do you think it helps if we put the "Default initial username/password"

I guess it depends on the usual workflow of admin installing this 
package (I’d assume having dbconfig decently setup would be the default, 
but I may not be a representative sample).

If you expect most user to install the package via dbconfig, putting the 
related information first would make sense.

Moving the “default login/password” away from the “Installation” 
paragraph to make it part of the “Default initial username/password” 
paragraph might be less confusing.

Regards

David

---

From: "Debian Bug Tracking System" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 15:36:10 +0000

Your message dated Thu, 14 Jul 2022 15:34:01 +0000
with message-id <[email-masked]>
and subject line Bug#979176: fixed in cacti 1.2.21+ds1-1
has caused the Debian Bug report #979176,
regarding Conflicting information about initial login/password
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact [email-masked]
immediately.)

Subject: Conflicting information about initial login/password
From: David Prévot <[email-masked]>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2021 17:16:36 -0400

Package: cacti
Version: 1.2.16+ds1-1
Severity: minor

Hi Paul,

Regards

David

Subject: Bug#979176: fixed in cacti 1.2.21+ds1-1
From: Debian FTP Masters <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 15:34:01 +0000

Source: cacti
Source-Version: 1.2.21+ds1-1
Done: Paul Gevers <[email-masked]>

We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
cacti, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive.

A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
attached.

Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed.  If you
have further comments please address them to [email-masked],
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.

Debian distribution maintenance software
pp.
Paul Gevers <[email-masked]> (supplier of updated cacti package)

(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing [email-masked])

Format: 1.8
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 17:05:21 +0200
Source: cacti
Architecture: source
Version: 1.2.21+ds1-1
Distribution: unstable
Urgency: medium
Maintainer: Cacti Maintainer <[email-masked]>
Changed-By: Paul Gevers <[email-masked]>
Closes: 913385 979176
Changes:
 cacti (1.2.21+ds1-1) unstable; urgency=medium
 .
   * New upstream version 1.2.21+ds1
   * Refresh and update old patch stack
   * Replace dependency on libjs-d3 by node-d3 (Closes: #913385)
   * README.Debian: reorder paragraphs (Closes: #979176)
Checksums-Sha1:
 133dd679fb49cb9d4d27166de24d26c84c12200a 2253 cacti_1.2.21+ds1-1.dsc
 8127c48449232943d57fef397d80431ee820a41f 24204538 cacti_1.2.21+ds1.orig-docs-source.tar.gz
 4ab1321df10a603abca74c1bc77ed82f8b64bf17 8240399 cacti_1.2.21+ds1.orig.tar.gz
 f9e2d7d59a678377f491ce6fc4f834054dbe940d 55256 cacti_1.2.21+ds1-1.debian.tar.xz
Checksums-Sha256:
 55306fce89bd281cac1d05ea31f34f97dad1cd4fe8492ea36e1ff8c278f8e39a 2253 cacti_1.2.21+ds1-1.dsc
 2b42d171dfab0dce13021f41115c85e201418ae5e30cdf14362f4fe2fb4a85d4 24204538 cacti_1.2.21+ds1.orig-docs-source.tar.gz
 189a2558b21f18d5ac3930ac47e831edea210bb1da3224794c51b43d81433d25 8240399 cacti_1.2.21+ds1.orig.tar.gz
 ea0eea767793e2ada8ebcc4db43ddf0e873f5fbf3ee6b994eb19f7f419b547b6 55256 cacti_1.2.21+ds1-1.debian.tar.xz
Files:
 11c15e84820f3f79d934c7eb02798710 2253 web optional cacti_1.2.21+ds1-1.dsc
 b0a9406693a458d6f74e21876a75b037 24204538 web optional cacti_1.2.21+ds1.orig-docs-source.tar.gz
 6377001dc81910556499779b22616d28 8240399 web optional cacti_1.2.21+ds1.orig.tar.gz
 8f70e17b4d6f528ba7e42ac743b63f77 55256 web optional cacti_1.2.21+ds1-1.debian.tar.xz