Subject: [Pkg-cacti-maint] Upload Spine

From: Mahyuddin Susanto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 20:50:10 +0700

Hi team,

Since latest cacti has successfully uploaded to unstable, we need to
uplpad spine too. but i think we need to add Paul as Uploader too.
But, i cannot do that at this moment because my laptop has broken :(

Paul, if you want to add yourself as Uploader please do that. And how
about DMUA to spine?
-- 
[ Mahyuddin Susanto ] - http://udienz.web.id
GPG: 4096R/90B36C5B
Debian Maintainer & Ubuntu Developer

---

From: Paul Gevers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 22:04:11 +0200

> But, i cannot do that at this moment because my laptop has broken :(

Can you work on the new versions of cacti and spine? If not, I might
have some time this weekend due to Eastern, but I have trouble testing
the package, as I don't have a proper test platform yet. (My server is
running "production" and my Netbook is too simple to run a proper
virtual box setup to test with sid.

> Paul, if you want to add yourself as Uploader please do that.

Sure, if nobody beats me to it.

> And how about DMUA to spine?

Of course somebody else needs to upload so he/she needs to agree. It
would be great if Sean would add DMUA and upload after I add myself as
uploader. Then I can upload next versions as well.

Paul

---

From: Paul Gevers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 23:06:06 +0200

> uplpad spine too. but i think we need to add Paul as Uploader too.

I added myself as uploader, I leave setting DMUA to Sean.

I am now working on spine 0.8.8. I had to fix several issues that I
believe are in the current package as well. One of the things is that I
copied the code from a call by dh_ucf to the postrm, mainly:
  ucfr --purge cacti-spine /etc/cacti/spine.conf
but also removal of other ucf files.

Further, the contents of the current cacti-spine package in sid are a
little strange. It contains the binary twice and a spurious "/ect/
/spine.conf.dist". I have fixed both issue by using proper configure
parameters, skipping patch 03_xxx by that way (it had the wrong path).

I have to do some clean-up in my work, I will push tomorrow, going to
bed now.

Paul

---

From: Paul Gevers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2012 19:14:25 +0200

Hi Team,

Very interesting work on this package today. I think I have managed to
get the new upsteam in a clean way compiled and build. I have clean up
some left overs from the use of short-style dh. I have changed the way I
handle upstream spine.conf.dist from what I told yesterday. I now
prevent it from being installed by the upstream Makefile.

Please have a look and comment.

@Sean can you upload if you like it? Maybe with DMUA set?

Paul