Subject: [Pkg-cacti-maint] Bug#887938: Cacti Graphs Displaying in List Mode but not in Graph Tree

From: JP <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 20:52:41 +0000

Package: cacti
Version: 0.8.8h+ds1-10

# uname -a
Linux 4.9.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.65-3+deb9u1 (2017-12-23) x86_64
GNU/Linux

# apt-cache show cacti*
Package: cacti
Version: 0.8.8h+ds1-10

When I add graphs to graph tree mode I see blank graphs with no data.

When I view the same graph in graph list mode I see the proper graph.

I have reported to cacti support group and they referred me to Debian
support as this issue seems specific to Debian.

This is what I see when I view the graph in tree mode:

When I view the same graph in list mode I see the correct graphs:

For reference this is a link to my cacti ticket:
https://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=58263

Any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanx!

---

From: Paul Gevers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 22:16:15 +0100

Hi JP

> When I add graphs to graph tree mode I see blank graphs with no data.

Thanks for reporting the issue (I forgot about the forum post). I'll
have a look at it, but maybe not the next couple of days.

That said, please be aware that I don't believe this bug is severe
enough to warrant an update in Debian 9 / Stretch.

I'll also check if the issue is present in the current development
version which is much ahead of Stretch as it contains all the cacti 1.x
work.

Paul
PS, your screenshot looks much better now than on the forum.

---

From: JP <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 21:53:06 +0000

I redid the screen shots - always learning how to communicate better :-)

Cacti version 0.8 what apt-get gave me

If there is a way to upgrade to cacti 1.x in a way that will automatically
be upgraded to future updated code I'm all for it

I thought Debian 9 was the latest version, no?

at least a major update wasn't offered to me but I'm new to Debian

---

From: Paul Gevers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 19:46:00 +0100

Hi JP,

> I redid the screen shots - always learning how to communicate better :-)

Well done.

> Cacti version 0.8 what apt-get gave me 

Sure.

> If there is a way to upgrade to cacti 1.x in a way that will
> automatically be upgraded to future updated code I'm all for it 

Have a look at Debian Backports.¹ I provide a back port of Cacti via
those official channels for that purpose.

> I thought Debian 9 was the latest version, no?

Latest STABLE version, yes. We are working on the NEXT stable version
called Buster.

Paul

¹ https://backports.debian.org/

---

From: JP <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 03:22:32 +0000

Awesome, thanks!

---

From: "Debian Bug Tracking System" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2023 19:39:04 +0000

Your message dated Wed, 4 Jan 2023 20:37:24 +0100
with message-id <[email-masked]>
and subject line Re: Cacti Graphs Displaying in List Mode but not in Graph Tree
has caused the Debian Bug report #887938,
regarding Cacti Graphs Displaying in List Mode but not in Graph Tree
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact [email-masked]
immediately.)

-- 
887938: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=887938
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Cacti Graphs Displaying in List Mode but not in Graph Tree
From: JP <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 20:52:41 +0000

Package: cacti
Version: 0.8.8h+ds1-10

# uname -a

# apt-cache show cacti*
Package: cacti
Version: 0.8.8h+ds1-10

Thanx!

Subject: Re: Cacti Graphs Displaying in List Mode but not in Graph Tree
From: Paul Gevers <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], JP <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2023 20:37:24 +0100

Hi JP,

> Any ideas on how to correct this?

I know I promised I would have a look, but that totally dropped of the 
table. As nobody reported similar things since then, and I never spotted 
the issue myself in newer versions, I'm going to close this bug. Please 
let me know if you still experience this issue with a supported version.

Sorry for not handeling this properly.

Paul