Subject: [Pkg-cacti-maint] cacti and php5-mysqlnd

From: Sebastian Mares <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 22:13:17 +0200

Hi,

is there a reason why cacti does not work with php5-mysqlnd? Attempting
to install cacti on a system with php5-mysqlnd would remove php5-mysqlnd
and install php5-mysql.

Cheers,
Sebastian

---

From: Paul Gevers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 19:29:12 +0200

On 08-04-14 22:13, Sebastian Mares wrote:
> is there a reason why cacti does not work with php5-mysqlnd?

I wouldn't know. This is the first time that I hear of php5-mysqlnd.

> Attempting to install cacti on a system with php5-mysqlnd would
> remove php5-mysqlnd and install php5-mysql.

Of course, that is because php5-mysql and php5-mysqlnd declare to be
conflicting. Reading the description of php5-mysql(|nd) I would say we
could make our dependency an alternative. Please file a wishlist bug
against the cacti package so that I don't forget to look into this.
Maybe we should ask the php maintainers.

Paul