Subject: [Pkg-cacti-maint] Bug#702690: Tree links dont work

From: Juan Ferrer Toribio <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 23:47:39 +0200

Hello, I upgraded my debian system from squeeze to wheezy yesterday and
I can confirm that the tree links do not work.

I installed the package "libjs-jquery-cookie" and has "solved" the
problem. But I think there continues to be a bug in the package that
prevents the tree links work.

---

From: Paul Gevers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 16:25:03 +0200

Hi Juan, Mike,

Juan, thanks for following up on this bug.

> prevents the tree links work.

Can both of you acknowledge that you had libjs-jquery already installed
and were just missing libjs-jquery-cookie?

Until now I had only tested either with both libjs-jquery and
libjs-jquery-cookie installed or both not installed. That works. It fail
when the former is present and the latter is not. I don't know how to
solve that yet.

Paul

---

From: Mike Brodbelt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 09:43:22 +0100

> when the former is present and the latter is not. I don't know how to

I believe I hadn't got either of them installed, but I can't be 100% 
certain from memory at this stage.

I did this as part of the process of upgrading a production monitoring 
server from Lenny to Squeeze (which is our current baseline). For some 
packages we're particularly interested in (and Cacti is one of these) I 
cherry pick from backports, or manually rebuild.

 From memory, I think neither libjs-jquery nor libjs-jquery-cookie were 
installed. The packages I downloaded and which are currently installed 
are these:-

80192 Mar 16 17:28 libjs-jquery_1.7.2+dfsg-1~bpo60+1_all.deb
  5976 Mar 16 17:28 libjs-jquery-cookie_4-1~bpo60+1_all.deb

I'm fairly sure that neither of them had any previous version on the 
system before I upgraded Cacti, and those are the current versions of both.

HTH,

Mike