Subject: [Pkg-cacti-maint] Question about old bug report

From: Romain COLTEL <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 21:45:13 +0200

Hi cacti debian package maintainers,

I'm not sure about the right way of doing it, either open a bug report or
send this email, but I chose the latter.

My question is about the first problem reported (the owner/group thing) in
the following bug report:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=309194

The owner and group of /etc/cacti/debian.php were changed back to the
defaults (root/www-data) when upgrading.
The thing is that I run my webserver under PHP-FPM which is using a special
user/group per application (cacti/cacti here, how original), so the group
of that aformentioned file is set to "cacti" on my server.

The recent DSA arose the problem that when upgrading the cacti package, the
owner/group are set back to the default, just like in this old bug. The
/var/log/cacti/ directory's owner/group are also reset but PHP's cacti
needs to be able to write in there.

Could this be checked? Or maybe I did something wrong?
I did not mention I'm new to cacti, and that I may have made something
wrong while installing it.

Anyway, thanks for your time
Romain Coltel

---

From: Paul Gevers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 22:08:36 +0200

Thanks for reporting.

On 22-08-13 21:45, Romain COLTEL wrote:
> I'm not sure about the right way of doing it, either open a bug report
> or send this email, but I chose the latter.

Please file the bug. Otherwise I will forget about this.

I will have to look into this, but not now (of to bed).

Paul