[Pkg-corba-devel] Symbol files
floris.bruynooghe at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 01:35:31 UTC 2008
I've played around with the new symbol files support from
dpkg-gensymbols and dh_makeshlibs and think I understand them now.
The symbol file of libomnithread3c2 is checked in and the log message
is rather verbose. As (sort of) mentioned there the things I'm unsure
* In libomnithread3c2's case the shlibs file is actually less strict.
I think I need to build the last 4.0.6 package and run
dpkg-gensymbols on that to create the symbols file.
* I'm not sure what the Build-Depends-Package field in the symbols
What I think needs to be done to have symbol files of all the libs:
* The first bullet point above: libomnithread3c2 starting at 4.0.6.
* Make symbol files for libomniorb4-1. Here the base version will be
4.1.1 apart from libomniConnectionMgmt4.so.1 where it will have to
* Make symbol files for libcos4-1, simply starting at 4.1.1.
I'll do these in the next few days and commit them all to the 4.1.1
version in trunk (under dummy -5). After that I'll commit the upgrade
to 4.1.2, including the symbol files.
Let me know if I'm missing anything.
Debian GNU/Linux -- The Power of Freedom
www.debian.org | www.gnu.org | www.kernel.org
More information about the Pkg-corba-devel